Sinister: When I get no mail...

Mark Kolmar mkolmar at xxx.com
Sun May 16 21:28:23 BST 1999

On Sat, 15 May 1999 pbelinsk at northernway.net wrote:
> Brad W. (bradleyw at usa.net) from Chicago IL USA , December 28, 1998
> [...] And perhaps most offensively, Belle & Sebastian's fan club
> members gather for picnics before their shows. Picnics! If that
> doesn't tell you what kind of jelly-filled danishes gravitate towards
> Belle & Sebastian's music, nothing will...  (the end)

Jelly-filled Danishes?  OK, "Le Plat Pays" by Jacques Brel brings a tear
to my eye.  And admittedly, I like Saint Etienne, or the Field Mice to a
lesser degree.  To enjoy "twee-ness", however, is not the same as to be
"twee".

I'll play him the first side of Throbbing Gristle's _2nd Annual Report_,
followed by "The Wrong Name and the Wrong Number" by Mark Stewart, and
then "Wing Over" from Merzbow.  (This combination could scare off
heavy-drinking metalheads as well as the guy in the mosh pit with the big
green mohawk.) Then afterwards we'll see who is first to wander off,
mumbling to himself nonsensically.

--Mark

__ Burning Rome : SENSELESS CD on Mindfield Records MindCD03 Cathartium 14
   < http://www.xnet.com/~mkolmar/BurningRome > < MP3 & RealAudio tracks >