Sinister: Tribute band (don't laugh)

Tigermilker . tigermilker at xxx.com
Mon May 17 12:49:14 BST 1999

Howdy ho.

*****TIGERMILK SPOTTED******

My roving spies report to me that Avalanche in Edinburgh have an original
Tigermilk and are inviting offers over £200. Just in case you wanted to
know, and you probably didn't. I know that my overdraft would cough it's
last if I were to even *think* about it. But I am going to go in this
afternoon and gaze longingly at it, and maybe even touch it if the nice man
will let me. I wonder if I could get my photo taken with it too?
On the subject of Tigermilk, I know three naughty people who each have a one
and have neglected to register them on the Sinister site. Naughty, naughty,
BAD people.

Aaaaaany way, enough of that, I am really writing to try and find people.
Not any people, mind, they must have a specific talent.

Promise you won't laugh?

OK. If you were at the Gentle Waves gig in Glasgow, you may have recieved a
flyer for a Belle and Seb tribute band, called 'Smell and the Bastian',
looking for folk to play in the band. Now, I was not responsible for those
flyers, but I did get one, and the idea tickled me greatly. So I phoned the
chap whose number was on the flyer, and offered my services as a potential
Jevie Stackson. The chap, whose name I forget, has apparently recorded some
four-tracks of himself doing B&S songs, sent them to the band, and asked
what they thought about the idea of a tribute band.

Now, I don't know whether this is true or not, it may be a vicious lie -
please don't sue me, but he claims to have received a phone call from none
other than Stew hurt Lemur Doc telling him to go ahead.

Now, as you can imagine, he wants to do this thing properly if it is going
to be done at all. The idea is to form a band that will gig around Glasgow
or further afield. The idea is not to make stacks of cash - enough for PA's
and transport would be fine. He wants to do it mainly for a laugh, and not
as part of some great career plan.

To do this, he is going to need a few musicians.
This is where we come in.
So far, he has himself cast in the Stu M. role, and has a Stu D. to handle
bass-swinging duties. What he is looking for just now, is people who know
how to play, properly, the licks on Lead Guitar, Keyboards and Drums. This
is what he considers to be the essentials for the core of a band, other
roles would be appreciated too. Now I would quite like to fill the lead
guitar role, but he would like more than one applicant for the post. You
don't have to look like your alter-ego - just as well, because I would need
3 foot stilts, black hair dye and a perm. And the Stuart David is female(!)
- but it would be an advantage if you have good quality kit, live in the
Glasgow area, and are available to practise and gig this summer.

Think about it for a bit, you know it would be a good laugh.

Anyway, if you think you fill the bill, then mail me and I'll put you in
touch with the chap. I'm a bit wary of displaying his home phone number
without his knowledge, so that seems the best idea.

Thats all.

Ciao for nao,

Marky.