Sinister: bloody thieves!

Robin Stout Ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Mon May 17 13:39:34 BST 1999

Hey kids!

	You know, I've just realised how much it gets on my tits when people
say how one band sounds like another. I suppose it's okay for
sweetpaper sized reviews when you just have to sum someone up but
I think the thing I listen for in a band is the bit that makes them
different, not the same and it's hard to capture this. Like trying
to catch a frog in a bag. I suppose I do it myself though, but I
always feel a bit ham-fisted and lazy making comparisons. So I've
been sitting here and trying to work out how to sum up Belle and
Sebastian without making references to Nick Drake or Felt or anyone,
and it's difficult not to. I suppose that's why people do it. The
best I could come up with is folk-pop-skiffle. A friend of mine calls
it school piano music, which I think is pretty accurate.
	Oh dear, I'm bored and now I'm afraid I'm being boring so I'll go. I
think I'll have a cheese sandwich. Mmmm...

Bye
	Robin xxx