Sinister: A bit of Glasgow-centric nonsense

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Mon May 17 16:39:27 BST 1999

My word, the place is bursting at the seams with newbies.  Welcome one
and all.  Why was I not as funny and witty and charming as you all when
I first came across this list? Actually, the fun and wit and charm still
has not rubbed off, I am still a miserable git.  Sometimes :)

Hello to Ian who joined the list after meeting Sinister people on the
beach on Sunday morning :)  That was me, the pissed one in the duffel
coat, I can't believe I actually managed to wrote down the URL
coherently enough for you to find us all. Blame Jim the Bowlie goalie,
he may kindly throw water on people's tits at B&S gigs but at five in
the morning he force-feeds you red wine and makes you think that
foregoing sleep to watch the sun coming up is a good thing.  It was, but
not the next day when I REALLY wanted to still be up.

Big hurrah to PJ for the Interstellar Novar Drive subject box joke, as I
cracked that one long long time ago when I was a pseudo-Hyndlander and
first walked past said street (my best mate used to work in the pizza
shop at the end of Novar Drive).  Everyone I was with thought I was mad,
so thank you for (eight years later), validating the fact that it was
mildly amusing, even if I am still the only person in the world who
finds it so :)

Anyway, the real reason I am coming back out of my mid-exam hibernation
is to tell the Glasgow crowd amongst you that there are mutterings on
the message board about a meet-up on the 29th May.  I seem to recall in
the Sunday Mail that Snow Patrol are playing George Square as part of
the Radio One Music Live thingie that night, so that's the excuse - it
is an evening in the pub being planned due to some wee football match
being on at Hampden in the afternoon - if any of you want to come and
watch me recreate the levels of drunkenness achieved at Bowlie, then get
message-boarding or else mail me and I'll tell you where to go (in a
nice way, you understand).  Maybe Chris and Keith will come and bring
the remote wanking machine.  Or bring the remote wanking machine and
come.  Erm...if that hasn't put you off too much, then let us know.

If anyone (David?  Katrina?) can verify that Snow Patrol are playing
then that would be all the better :)

I am trying desperately to think of something exciting to say to the
rest of you but seasoned listerines will know that I have been trying
that for ages and still haven't succeeded.   Erm, big thanks to the
people who seem to be under the impression that I am more
list-crush-worthy than everyone that isn't Fluffy, Trousers and
Jessicaxo.  You are sad deluded fools, and I feel a hell of a lot better
for it :)

I have a nice poem, and if the poetry parrot comes my way, I will share
it.  Till then, I have to go and sleep as failing exams is playing havoc
with my routine.

Practising saying "Do you want fries with that?",
Ailsa xx