Sinister: dragons and defenciveness

janetzx zoe.parsons at xxx.uk
Tue May 18 03:21:10 BST 1999

ummm.....
well, I'm new too, and i have to agree with william, everyone here sounds
lovely.
i don't want to draw out a discussion that will make honey put on his horrid
face, as i've already trampled all over the poor bear's archive system (a
student not a tech-head - i finally worked out what a search is!)
but in my innocent skippings round radiohead websites i came across several
which said stuff like
"if you like making yourself depressed / don't have a sense of humour /
think you are a Creep
then *you are not welcome here*"
which sent me scurrying over here where i could slit my wrists and drench
you in my turbid blood in peace.
stressing about image is silly....tweeness is a way of being nice to
people?...bitching and defenciveness is scary and nasty....

anyway, to pick up a far more interesting literary contribution:
Stuart looks a bit screwed at the moment.  Evil mutant serpent  Alan McGee
is bearing down with all the bitterness of the not-very-funky, acid dripping
from his fangs, steel claws scraping sparks out of the floor, slime oozing
from between its scales...you know the scene.
The light of truth is soaring through the air towards him, but can it bite?
Stuart Murdoch grits his teeth and tries not to shudder as the
fire-breathing fiend dodges the spear with expert skill
and swings its horrible muzzle back at Stuart with a triumphant snarl
"ha-ha! now i will eat you, twee one!"
"not so fast, o scum-filled one!" cries a voice from behind.  One of the
shrouded figures is slowly rising from the altar.  "Chris!" says Stuart
"what's this?"
it is indeed Chris Geddes, shaking off his trance.  He leaps in the air,
executes a few speedy kung-foo kicks, and launches himself towards the
dragon.  Faster than the eye can see, his leg zings up at the monster's
nose, and seven yards of flare wrap round its evil head.
The beast howls, trapped in the wilderness that is the Geddes trouserleg.
"Yeeeooowww!" Chris screams "this is worse than waxing!"

luv janet

ps.  i am sexually naive.  the only chat up line i've mastered is "so, do
you want to pull?"
         well it's worked so far  :-)