Sinister: re:sinister:Let's 'ave it!

Matthew Broszkowski kittridge at xxx.com
Mon May 17 05:15:58 BST 1999

""""""""""">The only problem I have with this list is that (in my
experience) the
>opportunity to indulge in a good debate rarely arises because everyone >is
>so self-consciously Grandmotheresque (splendid neologism, don't you >think?)
>and convinced that everything they post should be caked in saccharine. >It's
all well and good to be kind and gentle, and I'm SO glad that there's
not
much Manics fan style internal bitching, but when there's this
atmosphere
of forced courtesy it all starts to resemble a Nazi 'Strength Through
Joy'
programme or something from '1984'. You WILL be happy and exist in
harmony!
Not that I'm accusing Honey of being Hitler or Big Brother (weeeelll,
maybe
the latter :P) but ... I'm sure you know what I mean. I'd just like to
see
more people breaking the mould instead of posting more updates of The
Terribly Twee Things I Did Today."""""""""

I completly agree.

honey, this is what I was trying to say before (remember me? kittridge)
, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything.  I'm just not a very good
writer and could not put it as eloquently as Ciaran could.  I don't
think arguing or debating is bad  it just adds a bit more flavour to the
list.  You gotta admit you do "correct" people many times for starting
threads that you don't like.  I know a few members (myself included) of
the list who are still on, or that have been on that received private
emails from you informing them of your disapproval to what they were
saying.  There's over a thousand people on the list now and I'm sure
that everyone of them wants to be able to express themselves in
whichever way they want.  I know i sound like I'm complaining but I
really do like this list most of the time, that's why i haven't
unsubscribed,  I just don't like having to feel like I have to walk over
eggshells for someone.

What does everyone on the list think?

							-matthew
http://members.home.net/kittridge/