Sinister: re:sinister:Let's 'ave it!

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Tue May 18 12:04:53 BST 1999

> What does everyone on the list think?

Yes I agree really, to be honest I liked Ian's post, I thought it was funny.
I've also liked almost all his other posts too (although I can probably skip
over the "I want to have Morrissey's children" one, not that I dislike
Morrissey or anything, but I just don't want his children).

    There's got to be a possibility for healthy debate going on here. The
line has to be drawn where people explicitly target other people in their
mails, Ian's poem targetted the whole list, no-one was singled out as far as
I can see.

    I also agree that the list gets deathly boring when people are all
instructed to be fluffy all the time as was eloquently put by Ciaran. I
disagree that it's the case that the truth hurts though, most people I've
met on this list certainly don't conform to the stereotype, but then that's
why I found Ian's post funny, it's just taking the piss out of a pretty much
non-existent stereotype.

Sorry if people don't like this point of view, but I can't help what I
think.

Keith.