Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue May 18 15:44:56 BST 1999

WHAT'S IT LIKE?

What is it about Bangor University? Do any of our Bangor listees know
Northy? Could someone put a notice up saying "THE SINISTER LIST MISSES
RICHARD NORTH TERRIBLY" please? Someone from Bangor wrote:

"I've even had (oh, the shock) casual sex
several times in the past and enjoyed it."

That's nothing mate. We all played up-the-bum ring-o'-ring-o'-roses at
the last London picnic. It was later revealed that the winner had used
statue's phallus! And it was still attached to the statue! How we
laughed. Casual sex? Personally I prefer formal sex - "allow me to
introduce my penis". Boom boom. Actually, I prefer Wanky Biscuit.

CRITICAL EYE

Sister Disco's record of the week: "Pretty Little Thing" by The
Interpreters. Notable for the just off the beat "Whoo!"s. I included
that the ingratiate myself with the nursery dwelling music
journalists.

ANY EXCUSE FOR A SINISTER SING-SONG

Alan McGee wrote:

"Once I too enjoyed a good tune, but now the power of the dark side
courses through my veins.  I shall
not rest until all decent tunes have been laid waste, and the world
knows only the pain and anguish of endlessly recycled seventies rock."

I like endlessly recycled seventies rock, Alan. And so do Belle and
Sebastian, as shown by this poor quality pastiche, sung to the tune of
the theme to "Only Fools and Horses", an old Sinister tradition: All
together now....

We've got Yes riffs, Queen licks,
Abba hits and Jimmy Webb bits,
T-Rex, X-Ray Spex,
Nick Drake quips and FunkySeb's tits,

>From a mush in Shepherd's Bush,
Push, push, push, push etc.

No Guana Batz, no McCar-thee,
No Family Cat, no Pastels twee,
Thin Lizzy outtasight!  Moustaches and afros for all,
We hold satanic coffee mornings in the Church Hall!

God bless Bookie Street!
Viva Bookie Street!

and so on and so forth. All right, it needs a bit of work. But getting
started is always the most difficult part, isn't it girls? Boom boom.

ODDS AND SODS

I saw a record by Steps the other day, but there were loads of people
on the cover so I don't know who was who. It was tarted up to look
like an Abba record.

Nice to see Keith's FAQs again. My favourite new bit is "She's in the
Gentle Waves".

Goodbye,

Sister Disco of the Immaculate Conception

PS: How do I join the increasingly popular Chris Leonard list? I've
been tipped off by a far eastern gambling cartel.