Sinister: Don't Ask Why

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Tue May 18 19:52:39 BST 1999

Hm...
	Pardon me, but I don't think being stereotyped incorrectly is really
all that funny. I don't think any of you care about the details, but I
really don't think any of those stereotypical characteristics apply to
myself, other than the fact that I have some records which might be
*gasp* fey. I have a feeling most of the rest of us have had similar
	I think the saddest thing is that some people honestly believe those
stereotypes. I really could care less about what the music journos say,
but these are people who are on this list, even.
	Now, I admit that there seem to be some people who do post about how
twee/sensitive their days were, but I do think it's the vast majority.
And really, who would know if they were posing or not, unless you're
them? Even if they do fit the stereotype, they're not the majority of
listees.
	And about debate. Okay, I like it as much as the next person, but
haven't any of you been on a list in which a debate gets nasty. I have,
and I've even been the person who was nasty before. The point is it'd be
a lot of work for Honey to monitor each individual post by 1.1k people,
and I think it's easier for him this way. And since it's honey's list,
he can decide what goes and doesn't. There are plenty of other lists out
there, and most of them allow debate, so I don't see why anyone should
need to complain.

Gary Lawler said:
> .. . . what flavour *is* Dr Pepper? I'd try it myself if it wasn't for those
> bloody ads - why should people be forced to drink it? Is it not nice?
> They've managed to convinced me that it's made of crushed beetle or something.

	The secret ingredient is plums, isn't it? I guess Plum-cola didn't
sound so appealing.

	Alright, that's it from me...

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Brian Pennington, a.k.a. Mick McMick; Sandcastle Records
 \         /  bp224996 at ohiou.edu                           ICQ#5056758