Sinister: A boring Iain post

Putneysays at xxx.com Putneysays at xxx.com
Tue May 18 21:31:19 BST 1999

Dear Listerines,
The following is a note i wrote to our illustrious list leader asking him to
reconsider his decision about Iain.  I guess I'm not fey enough to be
considered one of the 'Sinister' elite and warrant a response.  I'm very
nice, really!  And so is Iain.
Susannah

May 17th, 1999
Dear Honey,
Hello there...I don't mean to take up your time or anything, because I too
would be livid after reading the post sent by Iain Hamilton...but forgive me
saying, i think you were a wee bit harsh with his banishment.  He didn't mean
to be rude, it was just a silly joke that he made up after he read the Momus
Stars Forever lyrics written about the Indiepop mailing list.  In fact, it's
really all my fault this whole debacle happened, i told him to send it to the
'Sinister' list, because I thought a lot of Listerines would get a kick out
of it.  If i hadn't egged him on, he probably wouldn't have bothered, and
feelings would have been spared.  Kick me off the list, if anyone.  I
generally don't post much, and neither did Iain- he was just poking a little
bit of fun at some of the silly people on here who happen to be just a little
too concerned with their indie cred.  He's really a very nice, kind man, and
he meant no harm.  Please reconsider your decision to kick him off, in the
past his posts have been nothing but entertaining and amusing...one of the
more approachable Belle And Sebastian fans.  He was, after all, only speaking
his mind.  As for the bad language...he's not as twee as the rest of us, you
know.
Anyway, thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Susannah Grossman