Sinister: sinister:re:sinister:Let's 'ave it!

Paul Laird plaird at xxx.uk
Wed May 19 05:23:09 BST 1999

Hi all,
it's been a long time,

Keith said
>disagree that it's the case that the truth hurts though, most people I've
>met on this list certainly don't conform to the stereotype, but then that's
>why I found Ian's post funny, it's just taking the piss out of a pretty much
>non-existent stereotype.

I must say I was in stitches - I imagine a he put a lot of effort into
crafting it, 'though I also have to agree with Honey in that I think it
was piss-taking with barbs on.

Personally, not conforming to any of the stereotypes it's easy to stand
well back, and I think most of us listees have pretty thick skins anyway.
Where I got slightly concerned was with poor Ian's view of everyone else.
I got the impression he feels just about everybody's 'faking it' in some
way - which only made me feel a wee bit sorry for the poor lad.

'Nuff of this shite anyway. Why don't we get back to blabbing about the
usual subject stuff, such as the uncontainable euphoria of finally
finding a tune you've been searching for for a few months - which leads
me straight on (unsubtle, eh?) to my discovery in Fopp Records today of
semi-bootleg CD featuring Johnny Jones & The Kings Northern Soul cover of
'Purple Haze'- a (Hendrix beating) stomper of titanic proportions. Mind
you we could yap about that band Belle and Sebastian instead.

Bye,
The Lairdster.

'An EGG is good for you' - THE EGG Marketing Board