Sinister: My two penn'th (about 3 cents)

Richard Connell richard.connell at xxx.com
Wed May 19 10:52:31 BST 1999

Yes, another iain post.

I know iain and talk to him a bit on aol so i thought id give a bit of
a balanced view. I think the poem was a joke and meant as a joke but
it did have teeth. It was a bit of a 'fuck all y'all' and therefore i
can agree with the people who were hurt or who thought it was out of
order. Ive got a pretty good bullshit detector when it comes to people
trying to be cool and i have to say it only goes off very occasionally
on this list. Most of the socially inept and painful shy people who
talk on here dont seem too happy to be that way and dont feel
themselves cool at all. Depends what your definition of cool is i
suppose. Mine is a 'swingers' style vegas-baby thing and i sure as
shit aint that :) One thing that everyone has failed to notice about
the whole thing is that Iain is a big morrissey obsessive and
therefore him having a go at people for affectations and feyness is
walking on pretty shaky ground. Hello mr pot, meet mr kettle (y'see i
alternate between lower and upper case depending on whether i can be
arsed, does that make me a bi-social?).

On a lighter note i became an uncle on sunday, at half time of the
title decider matches. Pretty good day all round (this probably gives
away who i support, any abuse should be sent to me and not to the
list, unless its really funny). F***ball <gasp> sorry. How untwee of
me. Speaking of the beautiful game, did anyone see graeme le saux
reviewing albums in the melody maker the other week? He tried so hard,
on typical footballer interview manner, to not offend anyone. Im not
surprised his favourite records were marc almond, erasure, culture
club and ocean colour scene(not wanting to cast aspersions, oh alright
im casting aspersions).

I got my tickets for V99 yesterday. Anyone from here going? Looking
forward to mercury rev. Wasnt sure if a festival would show them in
their best light but thinking about it their songs might well suit a
warm summer night outdoors. The mighty Mondays too, and manics,
massive attack, sfa, supergrass, gomez (although you all seem to hate
them, have i blown my sinister-cool? :)) and hopefully many more.

Fluffysarah, i think it was you anyway, you ARE simon quinlank, drink
your weak lemon drink, drink it NOW!

Oh, that'll do for now,
Rich

'fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering' -
Yoda, a jedi knight