Sinister: A boring Iain post

Tigermilker . tigermilker at xxx.com
Wed May 19 12:59:16 BST 1999

Honey said:

>Iain's mail looked a lot more like a flame than an opinion to me

I thought it looked a lot more like a funny wee poem. Please don't tell me
that we are all so sensitive and precious that we can't laugh at a well
written piece of satire. I saw myself described in there, although it
couldn't have been directed at me, and I thought it was funny. (I won't tell
you which bit).

Looking at the replies that the poem provoked, I see a lot of people either
defending their right to be twee, saying 'I'm not that twee, really!', or
laughing along to it.

Which is great.

I haven't seen a single post that attacked Iain's right to post a poem that
takes the piss out of us.

It wasn't a personal attack. That was plainly obvious, and if it had been,
then of course it would have been out of order. No-one seems to have taken
it personally, except Honey.

Now, you asked for opinions, that is mine. If this list is too sensitive to
absorb a well written piece of humour, then you might as well unsubscribe me
too. But although I haven't been around that long, I think I have seen
enough to know that this is not the case.

I hope I've added something of value to the discussion.
But I doubt it :)

Love anyway,

Marko.