Sinister: so i ses to magda........

allen ussher at xxx.ca
Wed May 19 20:01:29 BST 1999

On Wed, 19 May 1999, KIRWAN LOUISE EMMA wrote:

> Don't you hate when you hear a really good joke off a friend/telly/whatever
> and when you try and relate it to others it just dies? This has been
> happening to me lately - i get half way through, see the inevitable mess i'm
> going to make, go red, and shut my mouth. Of course, by then people want to
> know the end of the joke. And then, with my hands over my face, i *have* to
> tell them. And they *never* laugh, unless it's a nervous "haha" to pacify
> me.
> I think it's the horrible silence between the joke ending and conversation
> starting that always gets me the most. Or when your friend, being the good
> person they are, tries to comfort you, " that was...ummm..that was nice" or
> worse, " yes, well emmm..how are you?".

That's happened to me once too often as well.  Or else it happens when one
is attempting to recount an interesting story and then messes up all the
details of the story so it only makes sense to that person!  Some people
have a knack for that, though.  This reminds me of something I was thinking
the other day.  Is the fine art of storytelling dying?  What I mean by that
is oral storytelling.  Right now I'm attempting to memorize a short story so
that I can recount it to my friends without messing up at all...

As for lower case:  To those people who sign their names in lower case, try
capitalizing it.  It's a nice a change. :)  (And, yes, I know my name in the
FROM field is lowercase.)

Allen
--
"Long afloat on shipless oceans