Sinister: REMOTE WANKING

Elish Hope ehope at xxx.com
Wed May 19 20:21:35 BST 1999

Is someone using that damn remote wanking machine?  All this logical debate
is getting me excited....

Mick McMick Wrote:

Well, it's our business because we put down our hard or hardly-earned cash
to buy those recordings. I'm not saying I don't agree with most of the the
things B&S do, but Jeepster is another matter. If they started charging 40
pounds (I can't make the little L thingee come up) for their albums, don't
you think we'd have a right to criticize? I mean, we have a right to
criticize *anything* don't we? Free speech and all that.

Yes, we do - but what is the hubbub about?  Jeepster DON'T charge 40 pounds
per album - so why the fuss?  In fact, when labels do the singles for the
1.99 for the first week, they all lose money.  Major labels do it to get in
the charts, Jeepster did it when they weren't even eligible for the charts
due to the 4 song EP rule.

My point was - WHEN HAVE JEEPSTER EVER DONE WRONG BY US?  The answer is
never.  Sorry if some people feel hurt byt the length of time it took the
band to bring out Tigermilk, but Mark has been begging for that to be
re-released for ages.  That was a decision left up to the band.  Keep in
mind since this whole deal began - what is it now 3 years ago? They have
released 4 albums and 4 (Is there more I am forgetting?) 4 track EP's - it's
not like they haven't been doing anything.  Actually that isn't too bad for
a band that took 11 hours or so to sound check at Bowlie as reports said.

At the end of the day, my only point at the start of this was to ask people
to have a little faith in a band AND in a label that has given us so much.
Okay, may be you don't like Snow Patrol or Salako - I do.  I ADORE Snow
Patrol.  But that isn't the point.

The point is that Jeepster is a GOOD label, they make mistakes, but at the
core of that label is Mark's belief in his bands.  And he really truly
believe's in them.  We are lucky that he does.  It is the patience of
Jeepster and those that work there that bring us the music we love.

I am not trying to remote wank Mark or Jeepster, it's just that's how I
feel.  And I know others feel the same.

As for Mick and Tim, I am glad that you like to disagree with me - it's fun
to talk and it get's the mental juice's flowing a bit!

Snoggs,

elle