Sinister: You may as well delete this now, it's from me...

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Wed May 19 22:54:58 BST 1999

I've been trying to hold it in, but the urge has overcome me.

I was talking about posting this message, nothing else, cease your dirty
minds.

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Genevieve Wesley wrote:

And we were all happier as a result. And what she said was:

> this whole pink cardigan fluffy kitten image is bad,but the other end of the
> spectrum is just as dreadfully boring."badasses" with no fear who only talk
> about a)latest "wild" drug adventures
> b) rebellious sex adventures c)their syphilis and being bloated on a toilet
> ...can get pretty lame as well.

I was also very suprised to see someone saying we should talk about sex
more, obviously Meester Miller hasn't posted enough recently. Personally I
quite enjoy hearing about people's personal lives when interesting things
are going on, but hey, everyone's different right? With so many people on
this list now, no post is ever going to be of interest to everyone; as
long as it's of interest to a lot of people, it's worthwhile.

Most things are good in moderation (except maybe discussion about the
ingredients of soft drinks ;-) ), but if I went on and on all the time
about snogging gorgeous students from Edinburgh last weekend half of you
would get very bored of me, so I don't. Except I just did. Oh well, it's
only happened once, it's not likely to again...

So what I'm saying is, talk about what you like, be it smutty or twee, and
don't let other people whose own posts bore you worry you. If people don't
like what goes on on this list, they're in a minority, and noone's forcing
them to stay here. Over the last 2 years I'm sure more posts have bored me
than interested me, but I'm still here...

Anyway, onto other matters. A few people (and I'm not thinking of anyone
in particular here before anyone jumps on me!) seem to think that B&S owe
the fans, that because we buy their records they should treat us as well
as they can, no matter what the consequences for themselves. But they've
given us hours / days / months of enjoyment, so surely we owe them? I
think that, purely out of the goodness of their hearts, they've been very
good up to now (eg not releasing singles off the albums and making us buy
songs twice), but we can't demand that they continue, it's up to them.
Much as I'd love more material, it'd be selfish to demand it; I'd love to
see more gigs, but the band would suffer so I accept that fact. Oh, and
while I'm ranting, don't blame Jeepster either, which songs get released
when and which gigs the band play and so on is all decided purely by the
band and their manager, not by Jeepster.

Well, that was all a bit serious and has probably sent most of you to
sleep by now, so I'll stop and get back to wishing I was at Edinburgh
University instead of this place...

Big Stu