Sinister: I L*I*K*E S*M*U*T!!!

Lesley J Miller rebelstrange at xxx.net
Thu May 20 01:36:44 BST 1999

From: "Chris Jones" <chris.jones at xxx.uk>
there are any
shy sinister girls who could guide me as to how shy gals like to be
treated. I know it sounds really pathetic me asking this but i didn't know
who else to turn to.
Now there is a topic close to my heart.  dear chris. i wish i could give you
advice.  when i used to LONG for a shy boy, i was in high school. mayb ei
can remember how i wished he would treat me when i found him. i never found
one, but that's beside the point by this time.  in any case--i'm fairly S**
myself but i've gotten better about approaching people i find nice.  the
subtle approach works for me and is comfortable.  give a compliment. if you
notice you have something in common,  start talking about that.  and shuffle
your feet, blush and stutter a lot and make pigeontoes, and bat your
eyelashes.  say "aw, shucks" if they tell you anythign nice about yourself.
leave shiny apples on their doorsteps and ALWAYS, make LOTS and LOTS of
crush tapes about how they make you feel cos it seems to work for me.  well,
nearly.

IN IT FOR THE MONEY??
well, anyway.  if i was selling records i'd probably want to make a ton of
money. money really does make you bitter.  a social psychology principle
tells us that "extrinsic rewards for intrinsically rewarding tasks diminish
the enjoyment of the task"  i.e. if you get paid for wanking off, gradually
you start not having as much fun as you used to. it's worth experimenting
on.  i've found it true, although not necessarily about wanking per se.

Now we see the emergence of the "mean" b&s. what are they, jekyll and hyde?
first the camera ripping away, and then stuart making a big mess all over
the place. maybe my friends this is the end of our little happy fun time.
enjoy it while you can cos the millenium promises the bellesters will be
identified as the new anti-christ and all that stuff (anyone ever find
back-masking on "Mary Jo"?)

i dont' know who said it, but *I* have one of those little special seven
inches!! i have one only. and it's quite beautiful.  the early bird gets the
worm.  it's selfish indeed, but oh so worth it to brag about to a bunch of
shuffling weirdos......and miniscule in the broader world.  haha.
 "glockenspiel" heehee

yay. one person has a crush on me.   bugger.  i realized how spoiled i got.
i think i was under the  temporary delusion that i was popular, "for one
brief shining moment". you see i've never been popular in my life. list
crush was the only thing holding me up some days.  (yeah)  i dont' know it's
gibberish, though, sour grapes. who is this "trousers" fellow? must be some
rash newbie.  ;)   i'd better disabuse myself of the idea that i'm popular.
it could like, ruin me for the rest of mylife.  i realize this could sound
like some underhanded attempt at getting sympathy. aww well fuck it then.
you just can't win can you?

weejay, i dont think i ever read any of those stories you listed. oh except
the great gatsby.  (no capitals mind you)  it was rather nice i spose. my
favorite character was Jordan. she was a tomboy. he.  i can't help it,
flapper girls were the cutest.  i know they all drank like fish and probably
had about 20 diseases.  they were still fab.   mm djuna barnes was really
pretty in the 20's. there were a lot of loveley girls in the 20's, (but not
gertrude stein) maybe that's sexist of me to say so, they should be
considered on their talents, but they were pretty as well.  anway i haven't
read any of the other things. i've heard Jeanette winterson compared to
Milan Kundera, but i have been trepidatious about reading anything by
himj--- i'm EXTREMELY fickle about my fiction.  half the books i start i
put down before they are through because they bore me.  (i have "issues".)
But, i did enjoy MUCHLY the Nine Stories by uh, that guy.  Salinger, the old
perv. he may be an old perv, and all that, but those stories are really
fabulous with a couple exceptions.   i was shocked.

we should really have a sinister book club. we could all read franny and
zooey, and the bell jar, and cat's cradle and oranges are not the only fruit
and the children's hour and tea and sympathy and the color purple.    you
know what? i read a HORRID quote by Vonnegut the other day that was
incredibly sexist. he said "educating a woman is like pouring honey on a
fine swiss watch, it stops working".  naturally i was offended and
horrified.  that doesnt' mean i enjoy cat's cradle less, but i'll remember
to be cautious in the future.  anyone see that JOan of Arc thing on US tv??
i'll grant it was actually pretty accurate, they didnt' take as many
liberties as i expected, and it wasn't too sensational. the girl who played
her had a really nice sort of chaste prettiness to her, and the scenes of
the people in chain armor on their horses in thes now with swords and
things, well they were massive, and rather poetic, actually.  there was a
lot of "action" but what do you expect.   from network tv.

okay this post sucks!  but i *did* respond to things other people said, so i
was good.  i still hate this day.  ERRRGH   this day should take a flying
leap.  well i'm gonna go now. maybe i'll call my pretend girlfriend, or
maybe the other one actually.   sometime ask Mark C to sing "Losing IT" in
Italian.  it's a bash!
LJ
http://www.members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
The boat that brings us here will crack beneath your weight. This is
territory you cannot invade.

"I'll go and play with words and pictures"

SAVE MST3K!!!!
http://www.mst3kinfo.com