Sinister: Two Posts in a Day - I'm a Bastard

Mick McMick * Sandcastle Records bp224996 at xxx.edu
Thu May 20 04:14:49 BST 1999

Don't ask me what three means, but it's worse than two.
	Er, so I'll try to keep it short.

	Anyway, to Teri, Winter Wooskie or Woofkie or whatever the heck the
spelling is is a new song. Didn't they play it at Bowlie? I wasn't there
but I saw the setlist posted, I think they played it in Ireland too.
Anyway, if memory serves Stu D takes singing duties, and the name is a
nickname for Karn.

	And then on to what Elle said..
First of all, what's all this about wanking?

Second of all she said this:
> My point was - WHEN HAVE JEEPSTER EVER DONE WRONG BY US?  The answer
> is never.

	Firstly, I never intended to blame the Tigermilk thing on Jeepster, my
qualm with the label is elsewhere. Well, this is obviously just a matter
of opinion, but as Tim mentioned in his posts, Jeepster's treatment of
the Gentle Waves 7" was a little odd. Quite a number of people expressed
dismay at this, so I don't think Tim is in a minority and I agree with
him. The point is, if they're in it for the fans, why make a limited
edition 7" that costs 5 pounds? I mean, I usually buy my records in
dollars, so I don't know exactly how exorbitant that is, but doing the
conversion in my head, it seems more than a tad bit harsh. Surely
collector fodder, or why limit the pressing? I'm just glad they only put
a french version of an album tune as a b-side, so that I wasn't tempted
to get it.

also...
> Yes, we do - but what is the hubbub about?  Jeepster DON'T charge 40
> pounds per album - so why the fuss?

	My personal fussing was over the suggestion that we as fans had no
right to criticize the decisions of a band or label.

Lastly
> The point is that Jeepster is a GOOD label, they make mistakes, but at > the core of that label is Mark's belief in his bands.

	I'm not saying Jeepster is a *bad* label, but mistakes are mistakes,
and if they deserve a criticism or two, so be it. It's not the end of
the world, after all.

 /"\_/"\_/"\  Brian Pennington, a.k.a. Mick McMick; Sandcastle Records
 \         /  bp224996 at ohiou.edu                           ICQ#5056758