Sinister: Re: White Horses

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Thu May 20 17:47:34 BST 1999

> Actually that isn't too bad for
> a band that took 11 hours or so to sound check at Bowlie as reports said.

Andy rubbed his chin:

>how can this possibly be true? given that the bands on sunday started at
>4:15 then did b&s soundcheck starting at 5am the previous morning? and
>if they had soundchecked for 11 hours would stuart's saxaphone have made
>that pathetic little whine when he tried to play it?

Well I was a bit confused by this report too, but then I heard that what they
meant was that a day or so previously they had soundchecked all day at another
location.  I suppose you could technically call that a rehearsal, seeing as the
acoustics were bound to differ.  Anyway, they'd obviously put a lot of effort in
one way or another - intersong 'Pinteresque' pauses were cut dramatically and
generally the sound was excellent.  And as for the pathetic whining noise - that
was because I had sabotaged Stuart's saxophone as part of my 'Let's Kick
Saxophones Out Of Rock' campaign.

Talking of Camber Sands people have been squealing about tapes.  I can do a few
(maybe five?) for people if they'd like.   I'd be esp. pleased if in return
someone can give me a tape of 'Rhoda' or a non-Beat Patrol version of
'Loneliness of the Middle Distance Runner' but it doesn't matter if you can't.
Email me....

Nick, who does indeed have far too much time on his hands.  Would anyone like
some of it?

xx