Sinister: Dreams...

Elish Hope ehope at xxx.com
Thu May 20 18:29:11 BST 1999

It seems we have a Fraggle on our hands.  Sorry to those who are tired of
hearing about it.  But here's a little story.

Several years ago I moved to London to work as a music photographer - I use
that term very loosely.  I did a lot of work, went on a lot of tours, etc...

My one dream was to have a photo in an album cover. It seemed that would
never happen.  I had done video stills and single work, but never an album.
Then the Belle's used a photo of Belle that I had taken on the gatefold.
Wow.

It was a dream come true.  So much so that I then retired from doing
photographic work.  My work is good, but I felt I had accomplished the goal
I had set for myself.  I thought it was a good time to stop.  I was always
worried about not having accomplished anything.  That I would just move back
to America, get married and wonder at the age of 35 what I had done with my
life.  I wanted something more from my life than to just be some polyester
bride.

I have that.  Perhaps I lack ambition or I set my sights too low, but I am
totally happy with myself and my career.  That gatefold is framed on my wall
and is a reminder to myself that dreams come true, because mine did.

Soppy and sad.  Perhaps.  But that is how I feel.

Say what you like about Jeepster, about the Belle's, but don't expect me to
sit idly by and listen.

With that, I throw my hat in the ring and wave my white flag.  Please no
more emails to me about the price of this and the price of that.  I don't
care that much.  I only care that there are a lot of people on this list who
feel the way I do about Jeepster and  the Belle's.

I don't feel like I owe them anything, or whatever, I just don't see the
sense in planning on Jeepster failing us and whatnot.

I only want to go to pic nics and meet-ups where people have similar
interests to me and have fun.  That's what the Sinister list is about.

Snoggs,

elle