Sinister: bowlie bracelets

Jim Schmidt Jim.Schmidt at xxx.com
Thu May 20 19:19:33 BST 1999

     "does terri win the prize for longest bowlie tag wearing or does
     anybody else claim that?"

     --i'm glad i wasn't the only fool running around with mine on long
     after the fest was over (it finally broke off on may 9th in a bathtub
     in paris)...i really wanted it to last until i got back to the states
     as it was keeping me safe on my travels, but that hard parisian water
     was just too too much.

     just a little side note for those who haven't been fortunate to see
     b&s live...i travelled quite a distance to see them...i had an
     incredible weekend, met a slew of people i'll never forget...but
     standing in a sweatied, dehydrated,
     ever-pushing-to-the-front-"i-wanna-be-closer-to-my-gods" mass of
     people made me realize what i enjoy about b&s the most--listening to
     them by myself or with my closest friends...i'd see them again in a
     heartbeat, but it was the overall feeling of the festival and not
     seeing the band which made the weekend extraordinary...in a hippie
     kind of way, it was the first in a long time that i've felt the true
     meaning of "community"...the fact that they headlined it provided the
     nature of that community and whoever headlines the next will dictate
     the nature of the people and bands who gather together to form that
     community...long live bowlie!

     ok, enough mush.

     cheers.jim.