Sinister: Yo Ho Ho, I'm back!

Blake E Hamilton hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Thu May 20 20:11:56 BST 1999

Friends, lovers, let us unite in my triumphant return (you in the back, stop
your laughing)

Well, where do I begin?  Honestly, a starting point for a reflection upon my
week er so stay in London is indeed not worthy of words, but rather thoughts
thrown about, but unfortunately for you all, the latter isn't effective, to
say the least.

Well, I'll start off by saying that I did not, unfortunately, run into sir
Jarvis.  How I looked and peered around every street corner for the tall
aging hipster, but alas, his portal only traveled with me in the form of a
poster I happened to find at Camden Town on Sunday.  Needless to say, I
grabbed two Jarvis posters, as well as several choice cds, including the new
Mercury Rev, Parklife (my old tape has had it), Gentle Waves, er um, lots of
Ronnie Lane, finally got enough courage to buy a Nick Drake cd and of
course, the Magnetic Fields.  It should be noted that Get Lost did indeed
win my "I Need a New CD (and attention)" contest, so being a stickler for
truth and honesty, I did indeed purchase said product.  All of my music is
fabulous, though the Mercury Rev, though beautiful for the majority of the
album, has some rather odd and disturbing bits, such as that disgusting
guitar part towards the beginning of Hudson Line and the gross techno
syncopated mess at the end of Delta Sun Yarr Haha.  But I like it all
mostly.

Let me continue to say that I indeed love London.  Immensely.  If anything I
enjoyed the big candy bars found in vending machines near the tube.  If
anything could subside a three minute wait, it was a mound of choco.  We
didn't do a lot of tourist stuff.  I made Oxford and Piccadilly my home, saw
a few plays, walked around a lot, read poetry in little book stores and wore
my Stow shirt at least once.  Somebody should have stopped me if they were
indeed of the sinister variety.  Bugger.  I'm sorry to say that a whole slew
of you sent me mails, but a day too late, so I was not able to meet anyone,
hmph.  Even the illustrious Funky Seb seemed too elusive.  Rats.  Well I'm
going to stop now for it seems I've forgotten how to post.  I'll work on it,
and for the record, Mr Hamilton doesn't deserve his Salem-esque banishment
and Dr Pepper is my lifeblood.

Cheers, love and a happy day

love always
blake