No subject

Cynthia Someone csomeone at xxx.com
Fri May 21 05:57:05 BST 1999

hiya sweets:

nice to see blake's back, and enjoyed mr. Schmidt's take on England ... wish
i could go, at least to eat large candy bars and check out the green.
someday, I'm sure. I seem to have a thing with islands. I'm always going
away to them. I may end up with millenial island plans, who knows. A b&s
millenial meetup? who knows.

on  the sweetness of sinister:  it seems to me that "it's just like
everything else," as the moms says: the list has it's swings, it's twists
and turns, from smut verging on pukeyness to twittering about whatever
knickers we've put on today (cotton, panties, purple), to American-bashing
and anti-american bashing. Ian's thing is just another one of these things.
I love the list for all the music recommendations, and for making me laugh
at work, provoking strange looks from my stuffy coworkers, and for the odd
post back. and I like people who like dr. pepper.

I wanted to recommend a  book to everyone. book club! book club! yay! The
Mysticism of Sound and Music, by Hazrat Inayat Khan. He's a Sufi mystic and
musician. the book's orange. For some reason I've equated music with orange
ever since reading. The first few lines: "Why is music called the divine
art, while all other arts are not so called? We may certainly see God in all
arts and in all sciences, but in music alone we see God free from all forms
and thoughts. In every other art there is idolatry. Every thought, every
word has its form. Sound alone is free from form. Every word of poetry forms
a picture in our mind. Sound alone does not make any object appear before
us." The book is probably not for everyone, but if that excerpt piques your
interest, hunt that book down and devour. if there's anyone out there with a
recommendation who doesn't want to email the list, email me. I'm friendly.

bye
Cynthia