Sinister: pop story

Darren Savage sav_one at xxx.com
Fri May 21 11:24:17 BST 1999

jj wrote: I wish the bloke upstairs would turn his
fucking music down.

This reminds me of a story some chap I work with once
told me.  A number of years ago he was living in the
flat below a room where a dreadful synth pop band used
to reherse in.  Most evenings he would be kept awake
by the bands feeble efforts to write a song, which
would always break down just before the bridge to the
chorus.  A number of weeks past and still the band
failed to resolve the bridge/chorus interface.  At the
time my colleague was studying music at University and
became so irked by his nieghbours that he wrote down
the chord that would adequately link the song together
on a small piece of paper and pushed it under their
door.  Several months later 'things can only get
better' by D:ream topped the charts and my colleague
has never forgiven himself for his hand in the sorry
affair.