Sinister: Sometimes I pray to the gods of sex and drums and rock and roll

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Fri May 21 11:38:42 BST 1999

I had a dream last night and Honey was in it, can't remember much else, but
I think he might have been playing pinball.

Anyway after Chris J was talking about shyness I sent him the following and
as there seems to be quite a few others in similar situations I thought I'd
share my 'wisdom' with the group:

>>Does anyone have any remedies for shyness,

Copious quantities of alcohol and lots of dancing at discos/clubs/anywhere
(no matter how crap you think you are at dancing).

You see dancing is good because the music's so loud you can't easily have a
conversation anyway, so you can do loads of eye contact/body language stuff
and then by the time you get a chance to talk to them, you'll probably be
quite pissed, which always helps because they are probably quite pissed too.

It did work for me (about 1 occasion in 30) back in the days when I was
young, free and single (where's me zimmer frame)

I notice there have been quite a lot of posts this morning, I think we've
all got that Friday feeling.  Unfortunately Cheltenham is rather overcast
and threatening another large rain storm.

***CONTENT ALERT***

Yes, finally, some B&S-related ephemera.  The Greenbelt Festival is taking
place in Cheltenham this year and the word on the street is that Belle & Seb
are playing.  Not wanting to appear cynical but if this actually happens you
can all come and stay at my house.  Can you imagine the band playing at a
'Christian' festival (although I think they are trying to get away from the
Christian thing, like Guildford are trying to get away from the folk thing)?
Or any 'proper' festival at all.  It seems that our fave band have become a
name to drop when anyone has a gap to fill in a festival schedule.

</content>

Apols for message header but Meatloaf was on the radio this morning and it
is a grrrreat line.

xoxo
CarsmileSteve

> carsmilesteve at geocities.com

Don't bother to visit our website http://fast.to/carsmile because the
*%$!!!@$ing bassplayer has gone off in a hissy fit cos he thinks we should
all move to London so we can 'make it' and 'get a deal' (wanker)