Sinister: £

Martin Wilson MartinW at xxx.uk
Fri May 21 13:43:39 BST 1999

JJ wrote
"Perhaps. I agree with Dog on Wheels, but I paid 1.99 for the LLPJ eps
(bought 3, for friends), 1.99 for 3,6,9 (bought 3, for friends), and MRS
was a staggering 1.97 (bought 3, for friends) in Music Zone in the
all-new singing and dancing Trafford Centre."

I would dearly like to know how HMV can justify charging £5 for the B&S
EPs in broken boxes when Track, our local indie shop in York charges
only £4.50 for them in perfect condition. I suspect that the vast
difference in prices has something to do with the fact that huge record
companies can give discounts and take loss leaders whilst Jeepster's
profits all go on feeding the office cat. Other industries have had
their legs smacked for this kind of thing (undermining competition - not
feeding the cat) but I suspect the chances of it happening in the music
biz are inversely proportional to the number of pop stars at Tony
Blair's cocktail parties. (Ooh bit of politics creeping in there).

Anyway, what I really want to know is do they still sell edible dormouse
in the butchers in the Trafford Centre?

Yum!
Martin