Sinister: Schools Out

Martin Wilson MartinW at xxx.uk
Fri May 21 15:51:12 BST 1999

"Lets go back to your
childhood...childhood...childhood..............................."*

Callendar R wrote:
"What is it about Belle and Sebastian that make me feel connected again
to my school childhood? Do any other B&S fans feel that same connection?
And is it in the same way?"

I find it incredible that I can identify so easily with the school
references in B&S especially as I've not been in one for 21 years. I
can't say that they remind me of my own school days which were pretty
boring and certainly didn't involve "kissing girls in English at the
back of the stairs". It's more like they're an idealised version of what
I would have liked school to be like if I could have ordered the world
differently.

I'd write about this some more but I'm so busy I've lost the plot. Time
for another cup of rose pouchong.

Martin

*There's a Yorkshire Curd Tart prize for whoever correctly identifies
the song which begins with this line.