Sinister: we've got spies

andrew skilton andrew at xxx.uk
Fri May 21 16:58:33 BST 1999

boo.

funkyseb wrote this:

> But there is  something deeply wrong with our list. Not many of you will
>know this, but Sinister is really two lists- the one you're reading, and
>a second, secret list, where friends of Honey discuss how the list is
>running, and decide what they should do to make it run the way in the way
>that they want it to.

interesting that, considering how long the rules for posting (cunningly and
somewhat misleadingly referred to as the "FAQ") are, they fail to mention
probably the singularly most important thing about the list - that we're all
being watched and commented on all of the time. while i'm all for keeping
such a huge list under strict control to stop it getting out of hand, this
is taking things to a quite ridiculous and frankly stupid level. what kind
of a mailing list is it where a group of people who consider themselves to
be above the regular list members have their own forum for discussing what
we write? i'm not sure what the answer to that is, to be honest, asides from
one where i don't want to be.

i've only been here for a month and it's been great; i've met some nice
people, got a copy of tigermilk and even laughed at the odd post or two
(thanks fluffysarah for making me grin LOTS at ALL of her FUNNY POSTS and
GREAT WRITING STYLE), but i've sent my unsubscribe command with this message
and don't intend on joining again in the future - my e-mail address is at
the bottom of this post if you feel compelled to reply to me personally.

i'm sure there'll be loads of debate on this subject, with nearly every post
better and more intelligently put than this one, but i don't care. whilst
these posts are and continue to be analysed by honey and his elite little
clique, the whole thing seems a pointless and ego-driven waste of
time.

andrew.

( andrew at dreamwish.freeserve.co.uk )