Sinister: Re: Reintegration of the list

Justin Williams justin at xxx.com
Fri May 21 18:03:52 BST 1999

Evening Sinisterines,

I know I have only been on this list a very short time compared to most,
and I too have already felt the presence of a "clique" but there is
absolutely no where in this world where cliques don't exist in one form or
another.  The clique, that we have here as far as I see it, is of the most
harmless of ones. I don't know Seb nor have I ever written to him, and
although I have admired many of his postings I agree with Honey that he
should not have gone too such an extreme without discussing it first in
private.  Already I see that Andrew has decided to unsubscribe and
unfortunately there will probably be more to follow.

As a newbie I have felt many times uncertainty when it came to posting here
simply because of my feeling of marginalization, but lately it seems that
many newbies have been expressing this concern so why is it that we can't
feel welcome when we have each other? I respect the "seniority" of
long-term list members without hesitation, but what is keeping us newbies
from posting what we want to say (even if it isn't the most updated bit of
info you ever did see).  I'm not saying that we should just post nonsense
about what happens to hit us while we are sitting at the keyboard, but we
shouldn't be afraid to start our own conversation string.  Who cares if a
"selected elite" (which I don't even think exists) is judging our every
word? Let them have their opinions and their "second list" if it pleases
them, but that shouldn't mean the end of the main list. Obviously Honey
cares for this list a great deal or the grief and worry in his posts about
the state of the list wouldn't be so apparent.  Yeah, there may be a small
number of listees that are closer to Honey, and some of them may not agree
with what he does.  I think we should just trust Honey to set things
straight, and I think we owe it to him not to listen to rumors until they
have been substantiated.  We are a family here. We should try to work out
our problems, not run from them.

I love you all too
Justin W
Felonius Monk

"Often I tried the frightening way of "reality,"
 Where things that count are profession, law, fashion, finance,
 But disillusioned and freed I fled away alone
 To the other side, the place of dreams and blessed folly." - Hermann
Hesse, Wanderings