No subject

Cynthia Someone csomeone at xxx.com
Fri May 21 20:07:32 BST 1999

Dear list people:
I feel I must speak, because obviously I have been misheard in some
respects. Ailsa suggests that I am criticizing Honey's efforts and that for
some reason the length of time I have been on the list (9 months) has
something to do with my ideas...
Basically I am what could be considered an open person, to the point of
being as open to liberalism as conservativism. I often don't form opinions
at the expense of another side. and what I was trying to do was not side
against or for Honey, but trying to come up with an understanding that
embraces both sides. as other people have said, we cannot run away from our
problems, and for people to just say, lets forget all problems, lets
attack/be dissappointed in seb, lets flounce off and be self-righteous, is
just avoidance. There appears to be little all-embracing love in this
discussion. people are choosing sides. Why choose sides? Why not try and
understand everyone. Funkyseb is not a bad person, and I've always enjoyed
his posts. I've always enjoyed being on the list and everyone's postings,
and I have a hard time trying to convince myself that anyone on the list
knows who to judge or blame, simply because no one seems to understand the
whole situation. So I would rather think that everyone is writing out of
sincerity and so not blame anyone. I blame qualities of nature, and not
people.

as for my suggestions as to advice or group agreed rules, Ailsa is right, it
would be too much effort. I was just trying to help. I felt that if there is
discontent as to how the list was run, there should be some way to solve the
problem. I mean, hey, if there are a lot of discontented people, and
discontented for good reason, than maybe they should be heard.

Cynthia