Sinister: glad to be gay

Lesley J Miller rebelstrange at xxx.net
Sat May 22 01:53:20 BST 1999

baby chris sputters the following:
GOTHS ARE PRICKS - I honestly believe this - they thing that by waering
black and loving the devil that they are being individuals - the hell they

yeah but--i have to interject here and say, though i'm not a goth (kinda
like vegetarians, i wish i was, but i have to admit i'm not), all goths do
not worship satan.  the ones who do--well that's the pseudo-goth marilyn
manson (MANSON IS NOT FUCKING GOTH!!!) or the really scary ones, and woh
cares about them.  some goths are just cool.  i mean black looks good on
ANYONE.  it's a fabulous and spiritual color--comforting even.  black is not
evil, it's lovely and absolute.  and yeah--some of the goth chicks are just
too  cute witht heir fishnets and silver jewelry and black lipstick.
*ahhhh*

some wisdom from the blessed twee defender, ian, follows::
 >i'll say nothing about
isobel being covered in a thin coating of gelatin and put in a plastic
container with a piece of cotton wool.
--cor blimey, that's a good idea.  you just supplied me with ample fantasy
fodder for tonight's dream session.  oh my dear god. that was funny.

and furthermore, on my new romantics suggestion:
>no, i don't think they're reactionary.  the insistence on a melody
shouldn't
be labelled as reactionary.  or if it is, only in the sense that writing
books in a recognisable language is reactionary.  although they don't widen
the scope of what can be defined as "music", and they aren't pushing back
generic barriers (which frankly is a load of bollocks anyway

i think you're correct.  at some point it must be repeated--hell,
shakespeare knew it way back then--nothing new under the sun. you can
package it differently, but essentially you got rhythm, harmoney and melody.
without that, it's not really "music". i thought about this before, like why
do we have chords and scales and 4-count measures?  you can go to 5 or 11 or
19 counts, but ultimately--it's repetition and structure that makes music.
you can make random noise, but that's been done before too.  you can't
really re-invent the wheel as they say.  and for what it's worth--i'm a
sentimental bastard.  i could give a damn if it's innovative.  a Francoise
Hardy tune is nothing revolutionary, but it can still make me cry like a
baby.  because it's emotion distilled into a little capsule, purely.  which
reminds me== the girl who mentioned the book about music bein gthe highest
art form-- that's exactly the way i believe in. music is so vast and open in
its associations. music can make you think a picture, a story, a dance, an
emotion.  it's rare that a picture can bring forth music. as much as i love
pictures.  but i think music is something even more primal.

i dont know much about the "newromantics" proper, i mean duran duran, i have
no clue about that.  which says something in itself.  are people worshiping
Spandau Ballet anymore really?  that reminds me, was Ultravox a new romantic
band? i dont' know. i was more referring to romanticism in art.    but thank
you ian for the lovely conversation, it's nice to discuss these things, and
yes, vanish up our own arses.  that's the one thing in life i'm really
really good at.  There is nothign revolutionary. people look for something
new. there's nothign new. peopel still make the same mistakes they made back
in 2000 B.C. or before that.  this is my point on the millenium.  (by the
way, the millenium does not even happen technically*?* until 2001 so tell
your friends to stop fucking going crazy already)   we're at the point that
we have all this history behind us to go over, and so much to learn from
that has gone before us.  the only revolutionary calamity that the millenium
will bring is the challenge to put all this knowledge together into
something that finally works better.  y2k is a joke.  computers are garbage.
dont' let them run your life.   there is no fucking explosion and no
Antichrist(sic).  BOYCOTT THE MILLENIUM!!!  i'm serious.    it's getting on
my nerves big time. we have LIVES to live.  there's more to it than all
that.  it's a total sham.   yes and i'll have my anti-milennial manifesto
published in the new york times very soon.

and remember, US kids, to set your vcrs tonight for politically incorrect
starring Jarvis "superman" Cocker.   it should be really amusing.  i suppose
all you brits are sick of seeing him on TV, but here in america we dont' get
much of that.

i didn't knwo there were so many gay boys on sinister.  (alright rainbow
power y'all!!)  where are the big lesbo dykes??  i know there are at least
two of us.  maybe we can start the lambda sinister union association of gay
belle and sebastian fans.  hahahahaa
LATERS
LJ

http://www.members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
The boat that brings us here will crack beneath your weight. This is
territory you cannot invade.

"I'll go and play with words and pictures"

SAVE MST3K!!!!
http://www.mst3kinfo.com