Sinister: rabbits

angel heinitz at xxx.uk
Sat May 22 01:49:12 BST 1999

hiya everybody,
i'm one of the offending lower-case shift key shirking shy telephobic types. but
hey, that's just the way i am. one thing: to be *this* shy is not fun. i can't
speak for anybody else, but i would give anything to be able to assert myself a
bit more. i can't, and it's not affectation, it's something that's wrong with me
and it's scary.

honey, in his infinite wisdom, remarked:

Can we just say that the Church of Sinister is like the Church of
England, a broad church, but without the laughable costumes?

aw, let us have laughable costumes, go on. i quite fancy a kind blue velour and
silk catsuit/robe combination with added crinkly bits and a top hat for extra
height. or a pointy hat, if you're a narrow wizard.

on the subject of noise pollution, which someone was, but i can't remember who
or be arsed to dig out the quote, my next-door neighbour is an old lady. every
so often, thudding, bass-heavy techno (of the sort that we used to call
"boom-boom bollocks", sulkily, when the buzzin' kids had taken charge of the
sixth form common room stereo), comes pounding through the dividing walls. only
when she's on her own, though. i think she must be honing her mixing skills to
supplement her pension. DJ Vera in da HOUSE.

i found a story on the wibblywobblyweb that caught my eye the other day. it's
called "The Rabbits That Caused All The Trouble", and it's by James Thurber. i
was immediately interested, because i have always had a sneaking suspicion that
it is indeed rabbits who cause ALL the trouble, and not footballers/the
government/satan. just you keep an eye on them, that's all i'm saying. they know
more than they'd like you to think. sitting there with their twitchy noses,
pretending they're not LISTENING TO EVERY WORD YOU SAY. and scheming. big eared
little rodent hitlers.

i can say no more,

abi (who's glad the poetry parrot's out and about again. mondays just didn't
feel right without a poem)x