Sinister: giving it my best try

Pinaplcrsh at xxx.com Pinaplcrsh at xxx.com
Sat May 22 02:34:06 BST 1999

hi. i've been on this list for over a year now and i'm still terrified to
post. i've always been afraid of what people are going to think of me because
it seems to be really judgemental. everyone supports each other, but only if
their posts are good. so i'm going to give it a try now. i'm expecting it to
take a while, but i've got my lucky strikes and bottle of merlot here to help
me. i hope my lower case letters don't bother you.

the lovely lesley jo said this earlier, 'where are the big lesbo dykes??  i
know there are at least two of us.'
it made me happy as it was the first time i'd been mentioned on the list,
even if it wasn't by name. so, i'm alyssa marie. i live in california. i'm
obsessed with music, mostly pop. my favorite labels are subway and k. i
really want to learn about old soul, funk, and underground hip-hop, but i
don't know where to start. i've got a crushed heart right now. my amazing
girlfriend broke up with me. i still fall in love with her a bit more every
time i think of her. i'm feeling pretty secure though that we'll get back
together eventually. it's not an obsessive thing, just a 'i know this is true
love and we're meant to be together' thing. still, it's hard and i've been
very sad. it's two weeks today. i can't let go of the lucy doll she got me at
christmas. that was enough poor me for today. i'm thinking that maybe i
should leave this as it is now.

oh, one thing i want to mention for any of you that are in california. i'm
trying to help pass a bill called ab222 that would offer protection to gay
kids or kids who are perceived to be gay all through school. some of you have
offered stories have harrassment today so maybe a couple of you might be
willing to write a couple letters. you can e-mail me for information. c'mon,
do it for the children.

i hope that wasn't against list rules. so that will be my first real post.
please be gentle with me. i tried. hope you're all well. take care.
*alyssa marie*