Sinister: SoS and B+S

Robin Stout Ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Sat May 22 12:55:08 BST 1999

Hello folks

	I don't want to say much about this SoS situation, but I feel I have
to say something.

	Elish wrote:
>     Funny how there have been all these posts about school yard
>bullies.......

	Yeah, I was thinking the same myself. I don't think the people in
this clique are bullies, but if you think of the list as a sort of
school playground, they're the sorts that stand in the corner
agreeing with each other. I was never bullied at school, although
sometimes I think I was ignored, and the reason why it happens,
and the reason why I think cliques are a bad thing, is that the more
you listen to yourselves the less important other people become.
	Wasn't the whole point of the list that it's one of the few corners
of the world where everyone really does have their say?
	There's been a lot of shouting here recently, and it's been hurting
my ears, but like my mum used to say, "if you just ignore them ,
they'll go away." There's a boy standing on the bench over by the
music room, who's turning his eyelids inside out, and making people
look, but really I'm not interested.
	I don't have anything against anyone here, and I think Honey has a
difficult job and does it well, but everyone has the opportunity to
mail privately, and if Honey wants people's opinions I think he
should do this instead of chalking out lines between us.
	I met FunkySeb briefly at the Bowlie, and he is a lovely chap (as
were the rest of you), who looked a bit like Doctor Who. It's a shame
he feels he has to leave, and I can understand why, but I'm just
going to hold out. It's up to us to make the list good, not other
people.
	Sorry for going on a bit.

	Now for some Belle and Sebastian related stuff:

	Someone mentioned that B + S might be playing the Greenbelt
festival. If they do I'd recommend people go. I went to Greenbelt a
few years ago and it was great fun. I spoke to lots of ace people,
including a man with different coloured eyes, a boy who we think was
a spy, a sad epileptic boy who was standing outside one of the
tents because he couldn't watch the film inside with his friends,
and a clown. I'm not a christian and that aspect didn't really bother
me. I just enjoyed seeing all these different, exotic people. It's
alcohol free, which I thought was quite refreshing, but if you really
can't cope they do sell cointreau filled pancakes.

	Sports biscuits? How about the Club?

	Robin xxxxx