Sinister: you all love it up the arse

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Sat May 22 14:45:54 BST 1999

If it's not hurting, it's not working, Susannah.

I don't know what 'giving in your notice' really means.  It's a stupid phrase.
Maybe it dates from a time when all workers were chained to posts, with signs
saying 'You don't have to be worthless scum to work here - but it helps!'
affixed to their backs. To 'give in your notice'  quite literally entailed
casting off your shackles and handing in this crap notice to your supervisor.

There's a great 'Sienfeld' episode in which George decides to quit his job,
storms into his boss's office and tells him just what he thinks of him.  He
feels very proud of himself and tells Jerry all about it that evening.  But then
he realises that he has no skills or prospects at all and needs his job back.
So he just turns up for work on Monday morning and acts like nothing ever
happened.  Maybe Seb will do this.

No one has shown the remotest interest in amending those lyrics I posted.
Either they are all perfect or else no one is interested in being as tedious as
me.  It's a tricky one to call.

Nick xx