Sinister: Here Comes The Weekend

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sun May 23 15:07:17 BST 1999

Hi Fluffy Bunnies,

Great silflay weather in the garden today.

Another reason to like weekends (particularly this one) is that I only have
to read one digest a day, unlike Black Friday when I had to read five.

I apologise to the listmeister for posting about the list, which is of
course forbidden in the listroolz, but I just have to say that Honey is my
hero, because anyone who can tend the Sinister garden as well as he does
despite all the different styles, seasons, horticultural theories and the
GM pollen blowing in from the International corporation next door IS a
hero. How he does this despite his poor health is an amazement to me: I
know if I tried to do it, firstly my equipment wouldn't measure up to the
job :) , and secondly I couldn't do it on my own, & I'd probably have to
enlist the opinion of a few of my trusted mates in order to sound out
opinion & test a few of my feelings out on them. If I am under the weather
I generally value external validation of my decisions 'cos my self
confidence can get low also.

I know that it would be an unrealistic expectation for all in the Sinister
garden to always be sunny & pretty, but I trust all those who have
deliberately danced for the storm clouds are thoroughly ashamed of
themselves if they have in any way caused someone very important to us all
to have become iller than they need to be. Since the late lamented demise
of the jeepsterlist there is only one mailing list for us B&S loving
guys'n'gals, so can we please look after it?

Sort of B&S related (via the Bowlie): Mercury Rev are doing a J Peel (that
bloke who keeps being mistaken for me) session on Tuesday & the Delgados
are also, on Wednesday.

Any Jeepster people reading this please cover your ears now: I was
listening to a tape of B&S' Bowlie gig recently, and before Photo Jenny
Isobel has severe technical problems (the strap comes off her bass) and
Stuart M makes mention of it (the strap). Some wag in the audience then
calls out "Is that an Arab Strap?" & he replies "No, just a normal one".
Witty repartee as well as fantastic music & a thrilling atmosphere. I would
of course be willing to part with cash for any official release, album or
video (in case you're listening anyway :) )

A prize to anyone who tells me the catalogue number of the record my
subject was on :)

Yours waggily,

Keep the peace,

David Moore