Sinister: for this bank holiday weekend london picnic hobby you will need...

pamela berry pamelab at xxx.com
Sun May 23 16:51:44 BST 1999

hi everyone!

sister miller said:
[There are now 1100 people on the list and it's difficult to justify
telling them all about the films you've seen, unless there was a
character in it who resembled a prominent listee.]

seen "the odessa file"? I just watched it on tv a coupla weeks ago. it
was on in the middle of the night, possibly adding unnecessary spooky
effect to the fact that john voigt's lovable rogue spyguy character is
named peter miller. I can't get my head around it, in my sexy dream
about mr. miller just days before that, he wasn't a blonde at all. not a
natural one, I mean.

the following message probably won't mean beans to people very far away
from london, for that I apologize, delete at will!

the next uk bank holiday draws ever closer, and as no one has put in a
suggestion for the next london picnic, mike and I would like to entreat
the picnic powers that be to make it happen in lovely greenwich on
sunday, one week from today! my first sinister picnic ever after I moved
here was in greenwich, and lovely it was indeed. ooooooon was there! if
she can get to greenwich from thailand, it can't be so much trouble for
everyone else, right?

there's an antique/junk/cd market on sunday afternoons and greenwich has
a picnic-ready ginormous park. MARVEL at the view over the thames! CURSE
the butt-ugliness of the millennium dome in the distance! THRILL at the
ability to stand astride the meridian with one foot in either
hemisphere! LAZE AROUND drinking and chowing and napping and yapping
safe in the knowledge that if it starts pissing down rain everyone can
come to our flat nearby for fruity cocktails! roving mr. whippy trucks?
got 'em. pubs? got 'em, lots of them. anyway, greenwich is only 12
minutes by rail from london bridge, 16 from charing cross, let's meet at
the greenwich station at 2pm-ish on sunday, what do you say? everybody
but everybody is welcome, please do come, even if you've never met
fellow sinisterinos, and bring friends and neighbors. but not our
neighbors, they're still mad at us for the last, er, quiet gathering we
had. drop me a line privately or see the meeting board at
http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk/cgi-bin/mboard/belle/thread.cgi?212,0
for more details!

at the risk of sounding (more like) like a dorkwad walking sandwich
board for the greenwich tourist office, this friday I've set up a show
at the church hall behind st. alfege's, greenwich town center. I mention
it here because in addition to the windmills and jasmine minks, some
sinisterines will be taking the stage, including one of paul's new young
things in the sinister nursery! you might have seen him playing with sir
trousers at the betsey trotwood do. there's no license to sell that
demon alcohol at the church hall I'm afraid, so it's bring your own
bottle. be it weak lemonade or coldest beer, I quite like the idea of
seeing a bunch of biscuit-nibblers stumbling around and drinking out of
brown paper bags. almost as much as I enjoyed walking by the
"cats" theatre in covent garden a couple of weeks ago to be greeted by
the sight of a couple of clowns passed out cold in the lobby, orange and
green wigs askew, lobby guy trying desperately to get them out of there
before the show. aren't clowns just the best? anyway, more church show
info on the meeting board at
http://www.belleandsebastian.co.uk/cgi-bin/mboard/belle/thread.cgi?213,0

susannah said:
[Escort girls, right, do they actually have to have sex? or is it just
taking old men to the opera and listening to them moaning about their
wives? Thing is  you get loads more money if you actually 'do' it, so if
you take them out, and they turn out to be 'alright' then why not?]

at the risk of sending some members of this list spiralling into a black
hole of fantasy and wishful thinking from which there is little chance
of return, may I suggest susannah that before you jump into the escort
game you consider becoming a dominatrix instead? there are apparently
boatloads of moulah to be had, you can be the boss (and how), there's no
pesky conservative business lunch attire, and no actual doing it. e-bay
habits such as yours around the world have probably been subsidized this
way. thanks for that image of ewan mcgregor and the wiping and the
curtains in the toilet, that picture will stick (ho!) probably as long
as the scarring harvey williams image from fluffy sarah a while back.
speaking of the harvey, I'm with lucy, harvey was good the other night,
and I think his new album's ace.

xopam