Sinister: golf, goths and hermann

Jan Imgrund jimgrund at xxx.fr
Sun May 23 17:43:49 BST 1999

hi list.

For years and years I watched the mails on the sinister list floating
by, telling myself that I'll send in one myself  once I'd have
something interesting, clever or funny to say.
 The result of this was silence.
But I want to post! So I'll just ramble along in my rusty english
that squeals like a dog on unoiled wheels.

Hey, 2 golf-related posts in one day! Way cool. But I don't believe
that Olazabal smiled. That would be like Stuart smashing a guitar in
the midst of a show.
oops.
anyway, that's too bad for me... a wonderful warm and sunny Sunday,
and I am 500 km away from my golf clubs, sitting here, writing
frightening verse to some pale mailing list in England...
Morrissey's 40th! Happy birthday, mozzer! Please smile for once.
that reminded me... in all my time on the list, no one congratulated
to the birthday of one of our 8 little heroes. How come? Is the
information barrier so high that not even the BIRTHDAYs of the belles
and sebastians can jump over it?? Enough material for a  conspiracy
theory, I believe.

Someone asked about Hermann Hesse. In my opinion he's boring, but
strangely he's got something like a cult status for lots of people.
He's written one very good book though, and that's "Der Steppenwolf".
It's about drugs, genius, literature and death, and a little bit
about sex. So you could say it's like Timothy Leary (for the drugs)
and the Bible (for the rest), only much shorter.
If you're interested in Bhouddism and slow-falling leaves, you can
read "Siddharta". yawn
Don't read "Das Glasperlenspiel" ("the glass-pearl game"??). No,
please, don't do it. aaargh!

>> some of the goth chicks are just
too  cute witht heir fishnets and silver jewelry and black lipstick.
*ahhhh* <<

aah, I have to agree. I love all this black and the velvet and the
make-up... I'd like to be a goth myself, I would, there's only one
tiny problem, and that's the music. I can't stand it, not even in an
effort to get to know one of those heavenly goth creatures. But
listening to boring synthie-pop with monotonous singing about death
and devils... what's more, I went to a Nick Cave concert once (he
seems to be the only artist who's somewhat goth and still very very
good, or maybe his talent is only proof that he isn't goth ;), and
all those goth people were happily chatting with each other and even
occasionally LAUGHING! can you imagine that? They're not even taking
their own underground culture seriously! Who else could fulfill the
noble task of melancholy, if not them? I was disappointed.

ummmmm.. wasn't there another big discussion on the list I wanted to
contribute to... let me see.... oh yeah I've got it:
there's also Dr.-Pepper-chewing gum, isn't there?

J at n

The Dark Site of the Moon:
 http://perso.club-internet.fr/jimgrund/index.html

"Nobody ever listens to anyone else, and if you try for a while you'll
see why"     - Mignon McLaughlin