Sinister: golf, goths and hermann

SKittlgurl at xxx.com SKittlgurl at xxx.com
Sun May 23 18:47:42 BST 1999

<aah, I have to agree. I love all this black and the velvet and the
make-up... I'd like to be a goth myself, I would, there's only one
tiny problem, and that's the music. I can't stand it, not even in an
effort to get to know one of those heavenly goth creatures. But
listening to boring synthie-pop with monotonous singing about death
and devils... what's more, I went to a Nick Cave concert once (he
seems to be the only artist who's somewhat goth and still very very
good, or maybe his talent is only proof that he isn't goth ;), and
all those goth people were happily chatting with each other and even
occasionally LAUGHING! can you imagine that? They're not even taking
their own underground culture seriously! Who else could fulfill the
noble task of melancholy, if not them? I was disappointed. >

um. something about this im going to say now.  goths, most of the time, are
very overrated...and most of the other time, underrated.  and some people
would like to think "oh, theyre satanic"...."theyre losers"  but the fact is
that a lot of goths are very very smart...its just that they like to look a
certain way and listen to a certain kind of music...
i dunno. i tend to always defend goths. maybe because i relate to them the
most. or whatever. but the people who give goths a bad name is those to
"pretend" to be gothic, and make fools out of themselves acting in strange
uncertain ways. yawn. next subject.

someone, i don't remember who, was looking for some book recommendations.
this is what i have.  if youre looking for a mystery kind of book try
Nevermore by William Hjotsberg or And the Sea Will Tell (true story) by
Vincent Bugliosi. if youre looking for a self destructive book try Jernigan
by David Gates. if youre looking for a passionate...uh.. a story of love and
friendship, try Eden Close by Anita Shreve or The Arrowing of the Cane by
John Conyngham.
yeah. that's all. and im reading a story now of loss and mourning..(from what
i have read so far) called The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. and im
enjoying it very much. reading that novel is like a twisted form of
meditation. dont ask. its perfect in my head.

one more thing. that thing about being shy. im very very very shy as well.
not on the pooter as much, but in real life, in front of people i dont know
(unless im intoxicated). yeah. and because im shy, i say certain things at
random and...whatever. but if youre looking to impress a shy girl (which you
shouldnt do, just be yourself), people who are relatively shy don't really go
with the mainstream (in my opinion, if you disagree, dont damn me), so do
something creative to get their attention or something. i tend to worship
from afar. and i think i always will. thats all.

advice from someone with no experience. wonderful, eh?

faeriebelle