Sinister: Idle ramblings direct to your mailbox

craigm craigrm at xxx.uk
Sun May 23 18:57:35 BST 1999

Greetings Happy Citizens of Sinisterland,

It's Sunday night (in the UK @ least) and I've figured it's probably about
time for me to try sending message to you all. Yep I'm another newbie
breaking the ice so sorry if this isn't the most exciting mail ever
composed - broadcasting to 1100 people is kinda nerve-wracking.

Anyway I guess I should quickly explain how I happened to end up here. To be
honest it's all down to Select magazine, I used to be a regular reader but
got a little disenchanted when the mag seemed to become the unofficial
fanzine for the Oasis & Verve fanclubs, both of which never really did
anything for me so I stopped buying it. Then one day I was in my friendly
neighbourhood Virgin Megastore and noticed "Belle and Sebastian" scrawled
over the cover... and the rest just happened.

I've been into B&S ever since I heard a few songs played on Marks & Lard's
now sadly defunct evening show and they were a revelation compared to most
over
musicI was listening to at that time. Judging from a few mails that I've
seen the Mark & Lard link is a common one, I think they should both be made
honoury
Sinisterites in recognition of their services to B&S-ness.

So here I am on Sunday night........ there's always been something slightly
strange about the weekend ending. I can always remember that as a child the
game playing/bike riding etc always took on an extra sense of urgency just
before tea time on a Sunday, possibly because we knew that once we went
inside and had tea the weekend was officially over and all we had to look
forward to is school the following day. I don't think it's quite as obvious
now that I'm working as the demarcation between weekday=work and
weekend=play isn't quite so strong. Hmmmmm I hope people know what I'm
talking about, I sometimes don't words things very elegantly.

Ok time to go, thanks for reading and apologies is any of the above has left
you scratching your heads and wondering "what in the name of Jimminy Cricket
is he on about".

Cheers for letting me join the family and congratulations on being clever,
funny, serious and interesting all at the same time.I've only been here a
month or so but have loved every minute.

I can't promise and startling B&S news or opinions as much of what I'd want
to say has probably already been talked about squillions of times but if I
ever see Stuart M & Isobel C changing a flat tire on a large truck marked
"Advance copies of Tigermilk and other everso secret B&S stuff" on a
sliproad off the M40 you all will be the first to hear about it !.

Take care everyone and have a groovy week.

Craig xo