Sinister: you can pin and mount me like a butterfly

Lesley J Miller rebelstrange at xxx.net
Mon May 24 00:00:57 BST 1999

as to Chris's message, i hope you didn't take imy post as sort of.......oh
let's rally round the gay flag gayboys.  i dont' know it was just a bit of a
jest.  i tend to agree with what you said about 'community' and so forth.
i'm not generally a flag waving go-getter, and though i'm in a poor part of
the country for seeing firsthand (!) alot of the emphasis i see in the
media, so forth seems pretty disingenuous to me.  and sort of stereotypical.
i mean how many jokes do we have to hear about melissa etheridge?  hehe.
and the whole  s/m thing but that's like a WAYYY nother story.  anyway i
just wanted to say i wasn't trying to categorize people or anythign, i just
thought it was very nice that people were being natural about it.   i like
that, it says something about the open arms of Sinisterland, we shoul all
feel at ease about being ourselves, whether we fancy stuart, sarah, or the
dog on wheels maybe......

regardless, i'd like to give more PROPS to alyssa for her 'first real post'
and look forward to many more.  we can up the level of clannishness and
cliques, and announce the formation of the Tweedykes foundation.  HAHA
you're not allowed!!!  boooooooo hiss hiss paperwadinthe-eyeyousilly
bugger!!!!  you have a big nose and we dont' like you.

(i'm kidding)
as to the other thing////
I like all the newcomers. let me say that right now. i know i've only been
on the list since october, so i'm probably a newcomer to some of the list,
but the recent posts have been very nice for me, we just had some   nice
discussions going, and yes i think it's a bit elitist to keep saying "now
the list is bollocks and horribly boring" that does cut out a lot of people
and seems mean spirited, whether it was intentional or not.
but naturally, let me be saccharine and say *hugs* to honey our long
suffering mother.  i appreciate her gentle guidance and whacks now and then,
cos i deserve it. i'm a bit of a masochist.  but nonetheless..... it DOES
take strength to be gentle and kind, especially in the barrage of such
madness......this ship of fools.......

anyone catch jarvis the other night? disappointing dearth of his
suggestions, but it was all WORTH IT baby just to see his impression of a
Jerry Springer audience member.  (Jer-ry! jer-ry!*clapping hands
idiotically*)  oh lordy.  that was the best.  btw i didn't know you brits
had jerry springer yet.  gawd i'm sorry about that.....i knew you had ricki,
but.......  i must admit i watch the show sometimes.  yeah forget it i love
it. them's my kinda people, thems the salt o'the earth.  they're MY people,
from MY land, the sort of staunch stock amongst which i was raised.   yeah,
so anyone who wants to withdraw their friendship with me, can do so now.  i
heartily encourage you to use caution.

J at n says
... I'd like to be a goth myself, I would, there's only one
tiny problem, and that's the music. I can't stand it, not even in an
effort to get to know one of those heavenly goth creatures. But
listening to boring synthie-pop with monotonous singing about death
and devils...
Way back when i was just a senior in high school there was a totally awesome
radio show on called the nighttime experiment, or something like that.  he
played all goth and bizarro noise music and the Birthday party and stuff
like Love Spirals downward, Nurse with Wound, Death in June, Current 96 and
His Name is Alive.   i must admit when i'm feeling in the right mood, that
kinda stuff really gets my blood going.  though i'm far from being an expert
in that area, as the radio show was cancelled much to my chagrin, and i
still have the sneaking suspicion that Death in June and Current 96 are
either nazis, satan worshipers or something similar. can anyone prove or
disprove this for me??  it used to give me terrible worries because i found
myself enjoying quite a few of their songs, and still have a couple i
recorded off the radio.
(hopelessly offtopic but book-related)
All this reminds me on the subject of the lovely Love Spirals Downwards (yes
it's up-yer-arse music but it's damn PURTY!!), and the book club idea.  i
listened continuously to my LSD CD whilst i was reading the book "the Wild
Road" by Gabriel king.  a very twee fantasy book about cats, but it has some
violence and pretty disturbing scenes in it. it also has a fox!  yay!!  it's
perfect escapism.  for tweebastards like myself, cos i still like reading
books where the main characters are kittycats or unicorns or something.
maybe there are a few others out there who are still stuck in 7th grade.....

now that ive gotten way off the mark i'd like to say in closing, if everyone
listend to the gentle waves record CONSTANTLY, maybe it would be a much less
angst-ful place!! come on everyone.  "if you're feeling kind of beat, if
your'e feeling incomplete..."
LJ

http://www.members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
they were like those gauche youths who turn up  to house  parties only to
cling to the dark corners  in chaste disdain, driven by the naive, vaguely
inhuman conviction that all merriment is a lie.

SAVE MST3K!!!!
http://www.mst3kinfo.com