Sinister: Looper and that

Gary Lawler glawler at xxx.ie
Mon May 24 18:37:03 BST 1999

That Looper album, Up A Tree. I only got it the other day, and I think it's
quite a lot of fun . . . but is it just me or do a lot of the songs sound
the same (and I don't mean that is in the same kind of tune, I mean
_the_same_ tune)?

How long does it take Jeepster to deal with an order? I know it's only a
while ago since I sent my one in, but surely it couldn't take *that* long .
. .

Someone asked a while back about Godspeed You Black Emperor! and if they
were any good. IMO, they're alright . . . the album took a while to grow on
me, but I still can't say it's one of my favorites. It's at it's best when
it's listened to from the beginning right through to the end, but it's
certianly not an easy listen (especially the first track which, IMO, is
pretty spooky). If you can't think of anything else to buy, I suppose it
couldn't hurt to give it a try (if I were told to sum it up in a phrase,
I'd say that it was "Tough Going", but I wasn't so I won't).

Blimey, this is all a bit whiney from me today. IIRC (I'm too lazy to go
back and check ^_^), there was some talk of spelling and that . . . I like
to keep a browser window on http://www.dictionary.com to copy and paste big
words out of :-)

Now I hear that episode with Hombre for Men on the telly, so I'm off :-)

--
Gary Lawler  *  ICQ UIN: 11115268  *  AIM: seclite369