Sinister: List closing down

Honey honey at xxx.net
Mon May 24 19:19:27 BST 1999

"Only joking".

You know crows, the way they walk around knocking over shopping
trolleys and pushing small children out the way?  They're getting
bigger by the week aren't they?  It's really scary.

Oh and... thank you all for being so charming about the kerfuffle
from Friday.  I do have sympathy with those list members who appeal
to people to stop talking about the list on the list, but in this
case I thought I wasn't in any position to push that.  But seeing
I've received about 40 mails saying "ignore the crap, Sinister's
great, keep it going!" let's do just that shall we?  It seems I'm
guilty of misjudging a teensy bit the coherency and intelligence of
this lovely place you've all created in my womb, so I'm just going to
stand on the sidelines for a bit, a smiley impressed dimple in my
cheek, sucking my finger... and doing those dull list admin jobs that
make me so happy if you're all happy, or energised, or something by
Sinister.  I'll try and shut up a bit more too, I promise.

(I'm trying to find a way to say thank you to you all, but can't
without sounding twee as fuck).

So - normal service resumed.  List rules apply.  Discussion about the
list ON the list are herein discouraged again unless your house is on
fire - please be public spirited and see where it leads.  Don't
flame.  If you don't want a response to what you're about to send,
don't mail anything.  Think of Sir Cliff.  Gamble in the fields and
be happy.

Tim said:
> The last few days have been a great illustration of why it's
> generally a good idea to keep list-talk away from the list, don't
> you reckon?

Tim, keep list-talk away from the list please.  Oh and, remember that
if any of you do have comments about the list, what you'd like to
see, what you like or don't about the way it's run you can always
mail me off-list, and I'll try and try to reflect the majority view
like a sexy antique mirror.  But please be patient as I've got a ton
of metaphorical flowers to send to people just now, and I'm verrrry
very slow.

Finally: I can't see that anyone's mention this yet but I'm a blind
old bat:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/evening/lamacq_live/belle.html

It's got a WWW page and 20 minute Realaudio program on Bowliewowlie,
lots of Richard, Bowlie footie team gossip etc.  I haven't even heard
it all yet, but it's there if you want it.

Carry on, Sergeant Wilson.

Honey (bead from necklace stuck up nose at age 3 - doctor from over
the road - tweezers - cried) xxx