Sinister: Re: If you're feeling chipper.....

robhalcrow at lineone.net robhalcrow at lineone.net
Mon May 24 19:24:29 BST 1999

Hellooooooo baby (in a Big Bopper voice please),
   I went away for a couple of days and when I came back, blimey.....eh?
   Natasha is dead right, I think, (if you are feeling chipper and you do pinch a vicar I hope you do it in a kind allbeit playful and mischeivous way cos vicars have feelings too. I like vicars). I think we should be fervent in our fandom of all sorts of music, whatever we're into at that particular time. I bought the new Arab Strap album on Saturday and it's gorgeous. "Here We Go" really does me in. But then again, there is stuff you/I/we listen to to get oursleves up and going and make us laugh or smile.
    Talking of smiling I like this list, and I wish it and all its contributors a long happy future. I often find the little comments make me laugh out loud. (Who was going on about chasing a fat toad, or big alsatians crapping on the lawn?) (Don't look at me like that, you know what I mean). And of course there are serious, thought-provoking and moving messages posted which I would miss should the list cease to exist. (Have you ever heard that Beach Boys track, "Cease to Exist" with lyrics by Charles Manson? Spooky. Dennis Wilson sings it and he should have sung more I reckon. Dennis or Mike Love? No contest.)
    Books.......I read a collection of Herman Hesse short stories and I thought it was the most pretentious load of boring old cobblers I'd ever read. I got it out of the library cos Tom Wolfe said Ken Kesey and his Merry Pranksters used to read him all the time. Maybe if you're tripping off your bonce it becomes fascinating but I just wanted to hit him. (How un-twee).
    What's all this list crush fandango? Everytime I go to that site my computer says it has performed "an illegal operation" (what, like stealing someone's kidneys?) and kicks me out. How does one get involved? How can I get someone to vote for me? Please. Anyone. It wouldn't hurt. (That's a good chat up line for shy people like myself. Just whine like a small child. "Oh go on. Purlease. Why not? 'Snot fair ...etc"
   Owen, glad you love the Mackems. Steer clear of "Niall Quinn's Disco Pants" though as it's one of the worst singles ever.
Keep posting interesting things everyone. I want to meet some people before the list kicks its proverbial bucket.
Love
Rob

"WE ARE SPIES!! WE WILL KILL YOUU!! SHOO DOO DOO WOOOOO!!!"  - Kenickie