Sinister: John Irving

Marianne Bratlie mariannebratlie at xxx.com
Mon May 24 20:40:55 BST 1999

..hi
Has anyone read " a widow for one year", by John Irving?
I am half way through it now, it`s excellent.
if anyone has read it, don`t you just love it when he describes the
main-characters parents, how they talk without interest for what the other
is saying, ..you know what I mean if you have read it.

I believe John Irving is a member of this list, or likes Belle and
Sebastian.
One time he describes the "Eddie" character (main character) as feeling
sinister, yes -it is true, and...

"I want a lawn like an athletic field," Ted said with a vengeance.
"you want LINES PAINTED on it?" Eduardo asked.

......I mean, don`t tell me he hasn`t been listening to "lazy line painter
Jane."

John, I know you are there.

Anyway, the point is, it is a great book, you should read it.

Cheers!

Marianne

thebeautyofherelectridlightisthisdesireenoughindidethegarden