Sinister: Dirty Dirty Fingernails

molly pbelinsk at xxx.net
Mon May 24 21:59:23 BST 1999

I have this compelling urge to post something. Which is really unfortunate
because I have little to say and took much space to do it in.

I only now got the ambition to say it and the subject was ages ago, but I
wanna recommend "Another Roadside Attraction" by the illustrious Tom
Robbins to each and every one of you. With no one to credit my good opinion
I don't know what to say about it to make you run to your library and check
it out.  It has a baboon! Really! If for no other reason (because I
certainly haven't given you anything concrete) everyone should read it
because of MonCul, the baboon. He knows the secret of what rhymes whith
"orange". But he won't tell you.

I'm going to write a story for the Sinister Midnight Lending Library. It's
going to be a social commentary on life inside a mailing list. The rise.
The fall. The devolution of it all.

Or maybe not.

I've never stuck anything up my nose or ears, but my mouth is a different
story. I have no gag reflexes, thanx to some monstrous and frequent cases
of tonsilitis that numbed the inside of my throat for good. I can use my
toothbrush to scrub my tonsils if I so wish. And I do! (wish to have
sparkly clean tonsils) I used to stick pencils and other long things down
my throat in the third grade, when we were supposed to be reading. I needed
practice because I was hoping I could make a career out of it. Nothing's
come up yet.

 My friend stuck a toilet plunger on her face once and passed out after she
couldn't pull it off.  And my dad cut off his ear last year on Valentine's
Day and almost had to get a new one. They sewed it back on and it stuck out
and looked funny for a long time. It was all bloody and crusty too.

I tried the archive but it was sick. In CHICKFACTOR they're in New York,
righty?
the line "my little girl I can't find/she's five hours behind"
Shouldn't it be five hours AHEAD? (that was my "content"   I've been saving
it up)

Mmmmm MSG. I have a big fat bag of fortune cookies which I have been
subsiding on for the past three days. If my fate lies in a fortune cookie
(and the cookie confirms this, though I have my doubts) then it is in a
pile  before me. What I have learned so far:

My fates predict that my best success will come through a life of trade,
the next favor I ask for will be granted, a friend asks only for my time,
not my monkey, many receive advice, only the wise profit from it, I am the
center of every groups attention, the eyes believe themselve/the ear
believe other people,  I will find release from my cares and have a good
time, and I will overcome many harships.

the coup de grace:
"There are always more fish in the sea, not as cute, nor as rich, but fish
nevertheless"
(????? Who let Ann Landers into the fortune factory?)

I can't figure it out. Some people's posts make me wanna look at every
syllable and others I can only skim. I just wrote all this and I can't even
bring myself to read more than the first and last word of each paragraph.
maybe
the
secret
is