Sinister: Respons to Response to rebelstrange's message from a gayboy

CALLENDAR R RACALLEN at xxx.uk
Mon May 24 23:08:21 BST 1999

 I thought I'd just send a reply to Chris' message [below]. I totally agree
with everything he says. Being gay, the 'scene' is ultimately annoying. I go
out and have fun, but at times the whole bitchyness/competativeness gets on
my nerves. Another annoying thing is that, if you don't like Techno/bangin'
house or camp Hnadbag music (or remixes of Steps, B*Witched or Spice Girls)
you are fucked. They (the club owners/bar ownners) assume that no-one likes
'indie' music. Certainly Belle and Sebastian wouldn't get a look in, even in
the more 'indie friendly' cities of London, Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds e.t.c
The ONLY clubs where I enjoy myself and wanna dance all night are 'indie'
clubs, and only a few play B&S. For me, when they play B&S at (gay indie
clubs)Popstarz or Room 2 in Heaven, it is like all my birthdays have come at
once. On the rest of the gay scene I feel like an outsider. I'm not even
very good at bitching. Anyway, that's my views! Sorry for boring you/lack of
B&S content!! Bye!! //ROB xx