Sinister: a bit about shyness, a bit about happiness, a bit about phonesex.

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Tue May 25 09:17:45 BST 1999

OK, let's start this thing by commenting on some things people have said
here:

First, Elish hope said:
>I think that there are a lot of people here who are holding Honey, Jeepster
and the Belle's responsible for their personal happiness.  Which is a bummer
because only you can make you happy, the music just gives you something to
sing along to.>

Couldn't say it better. If someones life depends on a
Recordcompany/band/individual person (unless its a girl/boyfriend) then
you're one miserable sod.

Susannah said:
>Escort girls, right, do they actually have to have sex? or is it just
>taking old
men to the opera and listening to them moaning about their wives?>

Don't know about those, but my friend works on a phonesexline, and I must
say, the things she has to do via phone are quite... strange. Like clapping
your hands for 30 min because it sounds dirty like she had to do a couple of
days ago, then you know what I'm talking about. Splat splat. Or running your
finger on your lips and blowing air out at the same time because it reminds
him of... Well, you get the picture.

And Damienwreiuye said:
>Q. What's the definition of a gentleman?
A. Someone who knows how to play the bagpipe and doesn't.>

How true, the bagpipe is the invention of the devil. Personally, I think the
walls of Jericho went down the first time somebody tried to play the
bagpipe. I don't care if you can play it or not, just please don't let me be
anywhere near you. And sorry if somebody here actually Does play the
bagpipe, but that instrument gives me the creeps.

Now, My Life Story (arfarfarf). Finally got that Gentle Waves' album
yesterday. 30 minutes!!! Personally, I think every cd should be longer than
40 minutes. If not, then it should be cheaper. Balh. Angry young man, I am.
And I'm still waiting for that Felt album I ordered two weeks ago. At least
that one is not full price.

Want to say something in this whole shyness-business. Does anyone else have
the same problem as I do: Talking to someone you have absolutely no interest
in is so easy, I can babble for hours about my toenails, but whenever the
person I'm talking with has some effect in my tummy I blush, stutter, can't
look her in the eye etc? Bet you know what I'm talking about. Not that easy
for me, since i tend to fancy every other person that comes my way. Or maybe
it's because I've been living on my own for too long. You choose.

Bought tickets to Provinssirock 99 yesterday. Held in Finland, in the middle
of nowhere, but the best festival they have in Finland. Line-up this year:
Manics, Blur, Suede, The Cardigans, Jimi Tenor, etc. So if you're on your
way to Finland this summer, pleeeeaaaase join me. I'm the one sitting on the
grass, eating nachos, looking lost, wearing my studyatstow-shirt and
horrified because there might be somebody who wants to talk to me, and since
I'm sure i'd fall for her I couldn't get a word out of my mouth and so on
and so on.

Hmm, time to stop complaining and go to work. Sorry about this bitching. I
need to do that, otherwise I'd explode.

"If it's not erotic, I'm not interested."