Sinister: Fox In The Rye

Jeremy.Simon at xxx.com Jeremy.Simon at xxx.com
Tue May 25 11:26:52 BST 1999

>Well, I've just had a weekend fairly bursting with Belle and Sebastian
moments...>

wrote Tim (yesterday).

A funny thing happened on the way back from Bowlie...

Spoon, Rols, Poppy and myself thought we'd stop off at Dungeness to check
out the late, great Derek Jarman's crazy beach/garden/artwank affair there.
Whilst wandering around in a daze in the desolate nuclear moonscape that is
Dungeness, a fox ran out across the shingle, pottered about for a bit
(searching for grub, I think) without a care in the world then trotted off
behind a shed.

I thought this was pretty much in the spirit of the occasion, then would
you believe it, we bumped into a Major. Actually I think he was more of an
old soldier. And he didn't mention Roxy Music, but we DID talk of the past.
Hmmm.

I love you all

J.D.Salinger