Sinister: Keynes and other things quick and dead

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Tue May 25 13:23:39 BST 1999

> Funny you should mention ol' JD, but he was on the list until about a year
>  ago. My word, he would post some ribald tales of his exciting life.

So true... it's a shame he's gone.  Even Stuart misses him, and announced
he'd seen him in NY last autumn.  Waiting by the rink in Central Park with
his skates, no doubt.  He was probably arrested for staring a little too
closely at schoolgirls passing in their uniforms.  JD, not Stuart.  I think.
We thought that might have been JD talking to Evan Dando up in the balcony at
the Supper Club show, but he disappeared when Evan was thrown out into the
street so we didn't get a chance to say hello and ask him to come back to the
list.  He might have gone off with that kid from ET.

>I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. Oh well, no matter.

You did neglect Samuel Pepys.  He was an epic poster for awhile, remember?
... although it was kind of boring to have to sift through ALL the details of
his daily life sometimes,  especially when he'd forget to translate that
awful shorthand of his.  I admit to keeping a strong finger on the delete key
when I'd open one of his sometimes. God, it was like a diary or something.
The gossipy bits were always pretty amusing tho' and his account of the
Stuart Restoration was right on-topic.  Wasn't it him that always bid us
goodnight in such a sweet, twee fashion?

Trying to shoot down Jefferson Dirigible, eh?  You wanna step out back?  Ah
Tim, "feed your head."  You know, speaking of reggae (or what passes for it)
I saw the Marley family at the last Woodstock revival thingie last year...
they opened for Ten Years After.   Alvin Lee looked like he'd taken to drink
-- and suddenly "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl" seemed so.... dirty.  They
also supported whats-her-name, the gypsy one from Fleetwood Mac.  Ava Gabor?
no, that's not it....

--michele
     xo